Some days are more obviously productive than others. Despite being sick (coughed all night instead of sleeping, ugh) today was a productive one. I finished one sculpture and started a new one.
The finished sculpture: Eduardo, a SM scale PRE stallion.
He's on his way to be cast now. He'll be a limited edition--a one to two mold run of 65-140 pieces or so. Price will be $50 ppd anywhere in the world. Quite a deal, I think.
The new sculpture: a traditional scale standing Arabian. I know, just what we need, another standing Arab, right? Well, he/she/it is going to be a bit different, if my plans work out. Not a standard resin release, in other words (although he may be that as well)--I'm hoping to do him in bronze, CMed on commission as portraits of real Arabians. We'll see how this works out. I've put perhaps 3.5 hours in on him so far, so he's not far along at all. Just armature and the beginning stages of sculpting.
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Got a pile of new micros coming out! I just got the first pewters from the caster yesterday and I'm very happy with them. I couldn't resist painting one, in fact. It's been a really long time since I actually painted a micro mini! He's the walking Mustang to a liver chestnut appaloosa--pictures when he's finished. In the mean time, here are the new micros!